Thursday, October 25, 2012

Childhood Memories

Reaching into the past this week, my classmates and I came up with some images that represent our individual childhoods. This actually took some time for me to think of anything that I would consider apart of my childhood. Being from The Bahamas, there are a lot of things that I did that I cant replicate in the U.S. Whether it be resources, certain items or just the scenery and landscape. With that said I did manage to think of things that are more general with kids across the globe, that is climbing on things and playing with toy cars. Now, you might say to yourself that these things are a bit generic and even cliche and I would agree with you. This is why I've put my own twist on both ideas.   As a little one I was known to climb on things, more specifically my brothers and I would play "the floor is lava" game. If you're not familiar with this game it's where you jump and climb on things to avoid touching the floor. This was a childhood favorite of mine and I created this image to represent that feeling of fear because as kids we really thought that floor was lava!
The ground is lava!!
  

No comments:

Post a Comment